Friday, May 9, 2008

Noisy Lunch


AMPANG PARK SHOPPING CENTRE - KL'S PIONEER SHOPPING MALL
Photo Credit : Oxymanus


Today , i had lunch at the perennial favourite spot, Ampang Park. After visiting my client there, i headed straight to the Halal Chinese joint called Cozy House.In modern KL, finding a good restaurant that is halal, clean , convenient,service oriented as well as fitting the pocket budget is so relatively important; thus when one has landed / found the ideal place to feast, the same people keep coming back for more and more but usually for the same food that is. The place was packed with the lunch hour crowd as usual with its predominantly Malay clientele ( because Halal mah )
As i ordered my all time personal favorite i.e. Cantonese Fried Kway Teow i gaze around and let my ears crane for the loud impolite chatterboxes that pervaded the room as though wanting to detect the sources. Surprisingly, it was that table in front of me . Oh my God, that woman was talking at the top of her voice relating to her office colleagues about an incident she had just encountered. She was yakking so loudly that she was unaware some people in the outlet had unwantonly heed to her crap of the day rather helplessly.
And i was one of those reluctant eavesdroppers for i could not deviate my ears from her dissonance at a nearby distance. Her local slang was really unbearable and i could imagine that she was the heroine of the day while proclaiming her victories on the other human manipulation she was relating about.
It was definitely a dessert of the day to relish on having finished their main meals prior to that.
I could not help shaking my head in silence how lunch guests like me could tolerate such a bizzare story teller at a matinee crowd. i guess its the same stark sounds you hear when the patrons are office workers.

By the way the word kway teow has many spelling variations as far as the restaurants and eateries are concerned. I have seen Kuih Tiaw ( Malay stalls) Koi Tiau, Kway Tiau. Sometimes i felt funny while slurping my noodle as how it is called. Like kena tiaw like that.

No comments: