Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Nano - Cheapest Car In the World from India





From The Times
April 10, 2009
Race to get behind wheel of the Nano


It is small, easy to drive and billed as the cheapest car in the world – and in Mumbai prospective customers queued to be among the first to own it.
The Nano, above, produced by Tata Motors, attracted customers from first-time buyers to families wanting an affordable second car. The customers will not, however, be able to collect their new cars straight away. They were applying to be one of the first 100,000 owners as Tata Motors took bookings for a contract that may take more than a year to fulfil.
Elavia H M , 67, wanted a Nano for her son who commutes to work in a taxi. “It is so cheap and it looks comfortable,” she said.
The Nano, which costs only 100,000 rupees (£1,300), can drive for 23.6km (15 miles) on a litre of fuel. The small car is also easy to drive on narrow Indian roads. (Reuters)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ann

http://externallaptop.net

Anonymous said...

This car is small and cheap.

Baby Car