Thursday, May 14, 2009

Re: Hello from good old Singapore ! -Email from Singapore

Here is an email from Singapore from a former child star who participated in a television talent show to me :

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Othman alias Oxymanus

Khabar baik, terima kasih !

Nice to know you still remember that little girl from 1968 (To Sir with Love with emotion), and yes, crying too. And in 1969 (When China Girl meets China Boy)....... those were the days. Of course, very few still remember those black and white days.

Just to update you, I am now in my 50's, gracefully enjoying grandmotherhood (I have 2 children, a son, a daughter and a 14-mth old grandson), caring for my grandson, web surfing, keeping in touch with old friends and sometimes on my home system, karoake-ing. My mum, Vilma, is now in her 70's and is still actively employed as a telephonist in a large IT company, and yes, she did sing "This is My Prayer"... hahaha.... time really waits for no man.

Took a peek at your blog and noticed that, being in the tourist industry, you travel lots and met with many important and famous people. How interesting.

Thanks for your well wishes for me and my mum.

My best wishes
Marie
_____________________________________________________________________________________

From: othman aziz
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:42 AM
To: marie_ang87@hotmail.com
Cc: othman.aziz@gmail.com
Subject: Hello from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Greetings and Apa Khabar ? (means How are you in Malay)

Dear Marie,
Pardon me if i am intruding your private time so to speak. Actually i used to live and schooled in Singapore way back in the 60's.
Yes i have watched you sang on RTS Talentime and i remembered your mum ( Ms Wilma Tang) singing in the early days of TV Singapura when i was still very young.
How time flies ! I perchance seeing you as a respondent to a music related blog owned by a fellow Singaporean in the internet tonight and decided to drop a line ( well there's so many lines here already, ooops ) to you.
I also remembered the debonair Mr George Favacho introducing you to the talentime show. Did you cry when you were on stage at that time ? You did right ? ( i was in Primary school then when i read the Straits Times and saw the article about you, (if my memory serves me right )

Its really good to be able to speak to a "singer" whom i grew up with and i would like to wish you the best of health and may your children one day follow your talented footsteps and sing a song or two for Singapore.

Thank you and May God Bless You ! Tell your mum that she has a beautiful voice. Until today i still remember her singing : This is My Prayer - is that the correct title " - the Italian song is called " Non Ho Leta " - It won the Eurovison song contest way back when.

Cheers !

Othman Aziz
othman.aziz@gmail.com
kuala lumpur
malaysia
blogsite : http://oxymanus.blogspot.com/

No comments: